Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Nightmare!

I had a nightmare earlier this week. It really was more of an anxiety dream than a nightmare. I dreamed that it was time for pre-planning to start and I hadn't checked anything off my summer to-do list!! I know, sounds TERRIFYING! Below is most of my summer to-do list (this a living list that changes often):


  • Review Chemistry subjects to be prepared to teach it 
  • Plan some INB pages for chemistry
  • Read CHAMPS classroom management book provided by my school
  • Read The First Days of School by Harry Wong
  • Make as comprehensive of a classroom management plan as I can
  • Write more blog posts
  • Read for fun
  • Find a work-out plan that I can stick to
  • Start an Essential Oils journal
  • Read a couple of the other teacher books I have acquired
  • Figure out my savings plan (never too early to plan for retirement?)
  • Work at my part time summer job

The problem with most of these items is that they aren't just easily checked off- they are on going projects. 

The first 5 items are really important to me because I want to start this year feeling ahead of the game. This past year I always felt behind, which is a hard way to teach. It can be exhausting. I want next year to be different!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment