Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 1 Down

First Day of School Selfie! Cameo from the new principal (bottom left)!!
We started school Aug 3rd. I totally planned on blogging this weekend about my first week of school. Oops! Real life got in the way! Pretty common for me as I will make any excuse to not have to write... Which basically means I will choose not to write if given an option.

One of the things I really want to work on this year is to use my planning period more efficiently and effectively. So far I'm doing alright this year. The only hard thing is that we have odd block day on Wednesdays and even block day's on Thursdays. I only have planning 2nd and 6th period so that means I don't get planning on Wednesdays. Last Thursday I felt like I was scrambling to do everything that popped up that I couldn't do Wednesday. But it also means I have 3 hours of planning on Thursday. Hopefully I will get better and better about using that planning like I want.

This year I am co-teaching 2 Advanced Algebra classes, the junior level math here in GA. I am co-teaching 2 Chemistry classes, a sophomore class. Lastly, I am teaching 1 resource (small group) Chemistry class. So far I am loving teaching chemistry! The teacher I co-teach with is someone that I coach lacrosse with so our classes run really smoothly. So far the advanced algebra curriculum has been fun!

I honestly didn't really believe everyone when they said that year 1 is so hard. But so far I feel like this year has been much easier. Not because I have less work or the work is easier. I just feel like I have a better idea of how to handle the majority of stuff that comes my way. You waste a lot less time figuring those things out so you can spend more time doing the stuff you need to do.

For all my other teachers who've started back in the last couple weeks I wish you good luck and hope you all have a great year.

Come back and read again for my very first blog about my chemistry interactive notebook!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment